Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mommy moments

With lots of change coming up for our household, I have been trying to have more special mommy moments with my kids.  This usually means I didn't prepare a preschool lesson  ditch school and have creative learning time & quality time together.  I figure the next month might slow down a lot for us with the new babe so it's good to soak in some moments together.

The town we live in, Davis, has an amazing bus system.  For $1 ride per adult (kids are free!) you can ride around pretty much the whole town. And they never kick you off.  Best part!? They have double-decker buses.  We're talking London-style, people.  It's awesome.  Here are some fun pics from our cool evening ride...
Stoked. 
waiting by the bus stop.
Another mommy moment came last week.  Dave took Coop on a man-date to the UC Davis basketball game since he was chaplain that week.  The boy was crazy excited.  Well, me & my girls decided to do what all ladies need: Froyo!   It was so fun letting them go all out for their special treat.  Gummy bears, marshmallows, m&m's and chocolate covered raisins.  sugar overload baby.  

So. many. options.



My last mommy moment was for the new one on its way.  Sort of last minute.  But, Craigslist proved itself to be faithful and now we actually have something to bring him/her home in. We can't wait to meet this little babe! 

I love my kids and am thankful for moments like these. Looking forward to the many more to come!

7 comments:

  1. Awww! What a fabulous way to make memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Sweet times together, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, fun. Kyra, I am so excited for you guys! I can't believe the new baby Goff is almost here. It's sweet that you are making it a point to have special moments with the trips before. And I LOVE the pics, we are totally missing all 6 of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you guys, too!! It's still so weird not seeing you around..

      Delete
  4. Kyra!! Just found your blog through Kristi's:)(i've finally joined the blogging world, hehe! www.hopeengaged.blogspot.com) I miss you guys and love hearing the random updates through Lena! So excited about your newest addition! Let's keep in touch...much love, Katie

    ReplyDelete