So I had an idea. Then I started a book.
I have long had a desire to see women engage in the topic of being a woman and what the Bible has to say about it. It's a tricky subject. With lots of topic, opinions & emotions. But I've found as I meet with younger women, that it's a desire to know why God created women and what our purpose is (played out extremely differently via our personalities, gifts, passions, etc).
The book I'm reading is Womanly Dominion by Mark Chanski. Some of you may even bristle noticing that a man is writing a book about women. I can see that. But he is humble, honest & very empowering. To keep me accountable to finishing the book in a timely manner.....and to stimulate some discussion...I am introducing "womanly dominion wednesdays". I'll throw out a quote, thought or idea coming from the book or maybe an article from the news about womanhood and we can discuss.
I hope you'll join me as I learn more, too. And, of course, this won't work without dialogue...so...I kinda need your help.
Looking forward to it! See you next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds great! I did a Bible study last year that I think you'd really enjoy, too, titled, "Called to be a Keeper." The ministry website is keepersministry.com. It's all about this topic of Biblical womanhood.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your second sentence I momentarily thought you started writing a book!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to follow along. :-)
What a great idea, Kyra! Can't wait to learn from the discussion! :) Love, Brandee
ReplyDeleteSuper excited Kyra!
ReplyDeleteYeah! I'm in!
ReplyDeleteSweet! Thanks everyone...so excited to journey with you ladies!
ReplyDeleteI'm in! Can't wait!
ReplyDeleteoooh exciting :)
ReplyDelete