A couple of dear friends recommended this to me. It has CHANGED our life. The author, Ginger Plowman, wrote a book called Don't Make me Count to Three! I haven't read the book yet..it's on my list. But this handy little chart is exactly what I was looking for. She lists out the behavior, gives you heart-probing questions with verses, actions to "put on" with verses and actions to "put off" with verses. Then gives additional verses. Notice how many Bible verses there are?!? ME TOO!!
For example, I was getting frustrated knowing that whining is terrible...but couldn't think of how to tell my kids what the Bible would say (aside from disrespect or an unhappy heart). But I just whip out my chart and we talk about it. Yes, it may sound strange. But right there during the problem---I say "let's get the chart". I pick it up, find the behavior and start reading. That simple.
Please, please, please check this resource out and buy it. You won't regret it!!
Click this link to take you directly to amazon!
Thanks so much for the tip. I ordered it, can't wait! I can use all the help I can get. :)
ReplyDeleteoh good! I hope you find it as useful as I have. It's really great!
ReplyDeleteYes, thank you SO much for sharing this! We're not quite there with Therese since she is still a little young, but eventually I hope to show her verses that coincide with the discipline we've already been doing. I can't wait to buy it!
ReplyDeleteI was about to call you the other day and say, "HELP!" Thanks for helping without even knowing I needed it...I just ordered it...I think it will be a great thing! I remember Kelly Rohrer telling me about this...and somehow I forgot until now...probably b/c I now have a 2 yr. old : ).
ReplyDelete