Saturday, March 5, 2011

What's on your nightstand?

I've been trying to de-clutter my house.  But as I put away the papers, books, mail, etc from my countertop...some of the books make their way on top of my nightstand.  These have "made the cut" so to speak.  They are either books I'm reading, have just finished, or need to read some portion to help me understand something.  Anyway, let me tell you about them:
  • The Help: I just finished this book and it was good.  So fascinating to read about racism and pride. I would totally recommend it!!
  • How People Change: A deep yet simple book about truly grasping the Gospel in order to produce real change in your life.
  • The Excellent Wife: I must admit, I'm pretty excited to start this little puppy.  This looks pretty meaty while diving into what a wife's role should be. 
  • God, Marriage & Family: This is one that I look at the Table of Contents for and pretty much read the chapter I'm curious about. It's good. 
  • The Woman Within: I haven't read this yet either. It's author is Vonette Bright, co-founder of Campus Crusade, whom I deeply admire...so I figure it'd be good to read her stuff. 
Of course besides these books I also have a mouth guard (that should be put away), a clock, a hair tie, and  a princess earring on that nightstand.  Maybe someday it will be emptier. But I love the books, so those have to stay :) 

What about you? What's on your nightstand??

No comments:

Post a Comment