Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Did they say that?

I have been stunned by the amount of gospel-language pouring out of my children's mouths lately.  It can only be the work of the Lord because I fail in my attempts to represent the truth of the Bible in its entirety.  Here's some examples that have given us great joy, laughter and awe:
  • Coop: My stomach is so full, because Jesus is in my heart.   
  • Paisley (in a prayer): Dear God, help Mommy and Daddy have a special date. 
  • Elia: Dear God, I know myself. I do bad things sometimes and I'm sorry.  
  • Coop: I'm angry! me: why?  Coop: Because I asked Jesus into my heart and He disappeared! 
  • Elia: I want to give away my Osito bear to the kids who don't have any mommies or daddys. I can mail it to them and when they're done, they can mail it back!  me: that's great honey. but if you mail it, they won't send it back.   Elia: (long pause) okay. They can keep him.  
  • Coop & Paisley: Mommy! You can't give us a consequence. I prayed to God and He forgives me.   me: You're right. God does forgive you; but there are always consequences when we make bad decisions.  
  • Elia: God dried up my bones!  (huh? Oh yeah.a broken spirit dries up the bones             verse.prov.17:22) 
 It's great to hear these little people showing signs of a desire to know God personally. It also keeps me on my toes knowing how much they actually soak in. I definitely pray to have a guard over my tongue and lips that speak truth and love.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love it! So great to have it written down for them to see someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are SO cute! I think they're ready to give the Thursday night talk soon.

    Were Coop and Pais trying to finagle their way out of a swat when they told you about God's forgiveness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What special babies you have! You are obviously doing a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete