But, I succumbed to peer pressure.. And it was amazing. There are 4 ingredients. Flour, water, yeast & kosher salt.
You don't knead it....unlike the old school way in this pic :) You just stir till dough forms. Cover and rise for 2-5 hours. Then...get this..you put it in your fridge for up to 2 weeks!! When you want to make bread, just tear it off in chunks, let it rest a little and pop it in the oven.
Dave & I couldn't believe how yummy it was! And the smell of homemade bread in the house is unbeatable. Tonight, I made little calzones with meatballs & spinach with the dough. They were delicious!Here's the link: www.artisanbreadinfive.com
I am really looking forward to making: pizza, bread rolls, cinnamon rolls, sandwich bread...and even trying whole grain recipes.
So, try it. Let me know what you think!
I use these recipes all the time. I got the cookbook last year. :) I hope you enjoy. Fresh bread is the best.
ReplyDeleteCara...this is amazing. I am thinking the cookbook is a must :) what's your favorite to make?
ReplyDeleteI'm going to have to make this. We make all our own bread, but Dave makes stuff that bites back.. its so heavy because it has so many grains...I like the idea of being able to use this when I want...
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ummmm yes please. i would love to try a morsel of this:)
ReplyDelete