Today marked the first day of our little homeschool co-op preschool and I have to say it went amazingly well! My friend Garricyn really did a lot of the legwork for this week (a former teacher always knows what to do). We have 6 attendees and 4 siblings. So, 2 moms teach while 2 moms watch the littler kids. It couldn't be a better situation.
Today was the letter A (of course). We sang songs, read books, had craft time, snack time, made-up rules and learned a Bible verse. No wonder the kids are sleeping during nap time--that's a lot. But it was really fun!
I'm so looking forward to helping teach my kids and other kids in a setting that's loving, comfortable and God-centered. Plus, I'm learning a lot about my own little people as I see them beside their peers. It makes for great insight!
So, goodbye Wednesday and Friday play dates. Hello, Preschool!
Oh. My. Gosh. How exciting! Childhood passes so quickly, but each stage is so fun! you will really enjoy this.
ReplyDeleteDo you plan on homeschooling always, or just preschool?
omg... kyra! Love it! praying for you!
ReplyDelete!!! exciting! Kyra this sounds awesome! I really look forward to hearing some stories from the trips. And I LOVE the picture at the house with their backpacks on. So cute!
ReplyDelete@Kether: Hmm...I'm not sure about homeschooling yet. We have another couple of years, so I'm taking it slowly :)
ReplyDeleteWow im always amaized and inspired by how you guys set your thoughts at something and just make it happen. its a God thing im sure . i wish i could enroll Judah because there is noone else who can teach your child better than yourselves. goodluch and please call if you need emergency baby sitters
ReplyDeleteKyra this is so sweet! I love the idea of loving Moms coming together for a home-based preschool! I think you and Dave are amazing parents with adorable kids!
ReplyDeletei'm so excited for you! can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDelete