Sunday, December 5, 2010

How Dinos Display Personality

Among our varied activities of the week, there stands a steady faithful event. Craft time!! My kids go nuts for crafts. I feel like a preschool over here :) Oh, that's right. I am a preschool over here.

Anyway, last month I purchased these cheap, wooden Dino things from Michael's for 79 cents. I pulled them out yesterday and the kids loved coloring them. Of course, the dinos are now beautifully placed right next to our Christmas decor. HA!

The final products give you a little glimpse into each of their personalities:

This is Elia's:


  • She loves art and is very particular about color order here. 
  • She is trying so hard to be an adult and stay in between the lines.
  • She likes order.  She likes routine.

This is Paisley's:

  • She is the "teacher" of our group. So, she was showing me how to draw O's on hers.
  • She loves shapes and her letters and numbers. 
  • She doesn't really care about variety, she is happy with the same thing.
This is Cooper's:

  • He can't figure out which hand to color with, so it's both L and R. 
  • He is all over the place; jumping from 1 thing to the next.  Large overlapping circles.
  • He has little attention span for coloring :)

5 comments:

  1. I love this, especially the part that Paisley doesnt care about variety.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post! I've had fun discovering my twins' artistic personalities through their "crafties," too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I meet the dinos? This is a great craft idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO cute! Your kids are so distinct and precious.

    ReplyDelete