Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Jesse Tree

We love December 1st in our home.  Not just because it's one of our favorite people's birthdays (click here to see who)...but also because we get to start our Jesse Tree!

I love the Jesse tree for a number of reasons.  My parents gifted us with all the homemade ornaments and the book of devotions to read each night.  Starting at the beginning of the Bible, it chronicles major events leading up to the birth of our Savior.  It definitely helps me to remember that the Bible is 1 big story about Jesus.

I'm so looking forward to doing this every year with my kids!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! We almost started a Jesse Tree two years ago but I have yet to finish making all the ornaments. Perhaps I can get our tree up next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer that one of the kids picked the forbidden fruit.

    ReplyDelete