Thursday, December 16, 2010

10 Lovely Things.

Aside from the people that capture my heart, these are things that I really love, too. Just in a different way!

1. Persimmons: You either love 'em or hate 'em. I'm a lover. It has to be Fuyu though. Eaten like an apple.  I'm convinced this was THE fruit that caused Eve to be so tempted :)

2. My Crockpot: I have discovered the joy of fixing nutritious, frugal & easy dinners.  My favorite recipes? Sloppy Lentils, Thai Chicken, Swiss Chicken, Chili, and Tilapia. Check out this blog for more recipes.

3. Grocery Outlet: have I mentioned we have needed to be sticklers on our budget?? Well, I love grocery outlet. My grandma would be proud.  They have cheap food, like natural peanut butter for $1.49 and 32 oz plain yogurt for $1.  I get my canned goods there, too. Organic diced tomatoes, corn, peas for $.49.  But don't get produce...unless you buy the bananas.  :)

4. Pandora: I rarely listen to the radio ever.  Enough said.

5. Organized Dishwasher: Okay, here's a tip.  Separate your silverware BEFORE you clean it in the dishwasher.  Put all the forks in 1 compartment, knives, spoons, etc.  It saves SO much time and energy when putting the silverware away after it's clean. It's AMAZING.

6. The Magic Eraser: this little white rectangle changes my life. Say goodbye to crayons on walls & hard water deposits on your faucets :)

7. Coffee...especially with a friend: who doesn't??

8.  Lentils: these little guys are packed with protein, healthy and delicious. Add them to soup, stew, burritos...or as the main dish.  We all love them.

9. St. Nicolas, the movie: Yes, a veggie tales movie. But, probably the best one out there to explain the true meaning of Christmas to kids. We are watching it a lot around here :)

10. Christmas time mail: I love seeing everyone's Christmas picture!!

What are some things you enjoy???

2 comments:

  1. yes. this is why you are one of my best friends! we love many of the same things and you just make me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I just tried crockpotting lentils myself... but made the mistake of not sorting through them first! Steven bit a pebble!

    So my top 10 list would include my gracious husband who gobbles up crockpot soup even if it contains pebbles :)

    ReplyDelete