Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Book review: Friday Night Knitting Club

I picked up this book on the recommendation of one of the ladies in my small group at church. To be honest, it was okay. I found myself scanning through some of the pages in search of the "more exciting" parts :) I'm sure I'm the ONLY one who does that with books.

Here's what I appreciated: women getting together over a hobby and sharing life together. I think she hits a homerun on the value of women being able to connect with other women as they walk through life.  And, even though I do not knit, it did make me jealous of people who can.  I also loved how she ties in certain segments of her book with knitting lessons.  That was pretty sweet.

I can't talk about the entirety of the book...I'll give something away...but it's deep. And that was shocking, yet refreshing.

Overall, a good filler read. If you're looking for a quick and entertaining but not super fantastic book---then this is yours.

1 comment:

  1. I read that a few years ago... picked it up at Target without reading the back...
    So the deep thing, was a real shock to me... it was right around my MIL's passing.
    You're totally right about the book.. it isn't so powerful, BUT it is nice to see how women can become a unit of support for one another.

    I'm reading The Power of One right now.. ohmygosh is it a difficult read, but really good.

    ReplyDelete