I met my friend Julie at the park the other day. Amidst the clamor of water fountains shooting up in the sky, 5 kids screaming happily and Cooper pooping on the play structure (that's a whole other story), we had a great talk.
It seems we both have a problem. We have the desire to wake up early, spend some time in the Bible, get things prepared for the day, etc. But we cannot wake up. I keep hitting my stinkin' snooze button! So, we put our heads together to come up with a fantastic solution.
If you don't follow girltalk....you should. It's filled with great topics on womanhood, kids, life. And, it's REAL. I mean, they're honest. You can't beat that. Anyway, they have this 5 O'clock club where women can join and hold each other accountable for getting up early and spending some quality alone time. Since Julie and I both follow this blog, we figured---let's start our own! A 6 o'clock club (because I can't quite get up at 5 just yet)
It's great. We text each other to make sure we're up. Today, we shared prayer requests. I love knowing that someone else is up at the same time, doing the same thing.
Wanna join us??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'll join!
ReplyDeleteI really should be doing the 5 or 5:30, but six is a good start. We have to head out the door with Liam for school at 7:15 and I have to be to work by 8, so my mornings have been so rushed with me getting up at 6:30.
Great!! I've found it's so much nicer than rushing around like a crazy woman. "see" you in the morning!
ReplyDeleteGirl Talk is awesome. I just began my wake-up challenge too...but I have to do 5:20. I will be with you in Spirit.
ReplyDelete