I picked up this nice little biography on Nelson Mandela after watching the movie "Invictus" last week with Dave. I figured since our family will be traveling there in a month, it might be very helpful to read up on the man that changed the country forever.
I am really enjoying this book! It is full of pictures and good info about the end of apartheid and the beginning of a free country. I didn't know until I got home from the library that's it's a Young Adult biography. But that's even better! As a mom, I want something informative and fast to read and this is perfect for just that.
If you're curious about South Africa---especially as the World Cup is going on---this is a good place to start. It makes me want to read more biographies.
Do you have any biographies or autobiographies you've enjoyed that I can put on my reading list?
No comments:
Post a Comment