Thursday, June 10, 2010

Peace.

There has been a lot going on in our lives this past week that have challenged my peaceful state of mind (or what little of it I actually had).  I've been anxious. worried. nervous. fearful. stressed. overwhelmed. Not all at once, but definitely waves of all of those at one point or another.

Dave let me escape for an extended time with Jesus on Monday. I had a sweet time with Him. I was deeply convicted about where I've been placing my trust.  It should be on Him alone. Not on the things our world would tell me. When I trust in the God of the Universe, He is the one that grants peace. PERFECT peace. I must admit, that sounds too crazy. Too unrealistic. But I'm pretty sure that's the whole point.  God's Word seems crazy to the world, because they don't understand it means relying on His Spirit to obtain these things. It means daily surrendering my fears to Him and asking Him to give me that perfect peace. And then...the hard part. Acting out what I've just done. Having a heart like a peaceful person....taking steps that show I'm confident in the God who made me and knows what's best for me. Move aside fear---enter peace.

Here's a passage that I've been dwelling on lately. I hope it encourages you too!
"Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the Lord God is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation. Therefore you will joyously draw water From the springs of salvation. And in that day you will say, "Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name. Make known His deeds among the peoples; Make them remember that His name is exalted." Praise the LORD in song, for He has done excellent things; Let this be known throughout the earth."
                                                                     Isaiah 12:2-5

2 comments:

  1. The verse I repeat to myself several times a day is Col 3:!5 Let the peace of Christ RULE in my heart. Can't say I've been feeling very peaceful these days. More like what you described above. Sorry to hear you are feeling the same. Happy we are in the same boat to encourage and pray for one another. Love you friend!
    Have I told you I miss you?

    ReplyDelete