Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snot & Smiles

We've had a lot of both around here lately. But in the midst of some cranky times, we've had some good laughs. Let me share some with you:

* We are memorizing Psalm 23:1...but Pais says "Gourd is my shepherd"....I think she gets confused between saying "the Lord" and "God".

* Coop is having a hard week...but still manages to tell me that He is captain hook AND peter pan. "You crocodile". Hmm, I got the shaft.

* The kids have become HUGE David Crowder fans. They ask to see him...and his beard...every morning. But they only like his fast songs.

* Elia has a huge imagination and always invites me to her purple castle to eat pink cupcakes. We "fight" over our same prince: Daddy.

* Pais is ever the encourager--"You did it, mommy!" "You make dinner!" It makes me keep doing what I do.

* Coop purposely blows green snot bubbles out of his nose. Pure boy.

* The girls love their brother and have started calling him "Coopy-Joe"

* Ellie has crazy-cool dance moves. I asked her where she learned them. "Pa!" she said. I always knew my Dad had secret skills he wasn't sharing with us :)

* Hearing the kids tell each other our rules. "That's how it works. Eat a good dinner, ellie. You get cookies! or jelly beans" wow, they picked that up quickly!

5 comments:

  1. *Paisley hates keith and likes Uncle Dan way better.

    *Ellie started home-schooling cooper and paisley and things are progressing

    *dave and cooper went to target last night at 10pm both not wearing a shirt

    *Found a 3 snickers bars and a cell phone underneath paisley's bed this morning

    *Lastly, I've been teaching the triplets about the dangers of "drunk driving" this issue is a hill I die on:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so funny! I'm gonna have to ask to see your dad dance.

    I had to laugh at Paisley being an encourager because that trait backfired on me once with Liam during our first attempt at potty training. I think I told you that story already...the one where he encouraged me in the bathroom. That's the one I'm going to tell all his girlfriends when he's 16...on second thought that might embarass me instead...

    oh, and your kiddos have good taste. I love David Crowder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Isn't it amazing how quickly they become little people? I was blessed with super easy potty training, so I'm sure this next one is going to be a hand full. Hope it goes great with the trips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan--wow, that was quite the response to my post. I don't even know what to say.

    Kether--lol. that's too funny!

    Keri-thanks! I'll gladly take any tips on potty training you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my Gourd. Your kids are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete