"It's potty time...gotta get down low"...as Elmo's father sings. We have decided to begin the biggest milestone of the 2-3 year age (in my opinion). The kids have become more and more excited about their big kid underwear that Auntie Jen gave them for Christmas. At one point, their enthusiasm was so overwhelming that they all 3 just kept screaming and hugging each other.
Every day brings with it so many lessons about each of their personalities. I am predicting that our little Miss Ellie will be the hardest one. She knows the most. She's even gone poo-poo on the potty twice already. But she'll be the toughest because she will wait until she wants to...and no one else telling her to do so. Miss Pais will likely be the most enthusiastic to try to go on the potty...because of our M & M incentive (oh, chocolate. I passed on that loving gene to her, I'm sure). Mr. Coop is a mystery. He is the most compliant of the three to begin with, so that could be to my advantage. But, right now, he is definitely least aware of how to control his bodily fluids. Although...tonight he did actually go pee-pee in the potty. I couldn't believe it! I'm banking on it being a slight accident; he just happened to go when he was sitting down. :)
At any rate, they've been showing signs of interest in learning and I would love for them to be using the potty when we travel to the uttermost parts of the Earth this summer. The real question is: are WE (the 'ol mom and dad) ready? Only time and number of M&M's dispersed and number of spot-shot stain remover cans used....will tell.
Seek inspiration from the Japanese! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA8wmqPI63M&feature=related
ReplyDelete