I have to thank Grama and Pa for this wonderful idea. They apparently played it a lot while I was running the marathon. But it's become a nightly game in our household. Here's how it works: I go off and hide in our bedroom...which is only called "daddy's room" (why am I left out?). My favorite places include the closet, behind the bathroom door, and under the bed (yes, I squeeze myself under there and try not to think about the dust bunnies!). I can hear the kids counting to three (sometimes...Five...two...free!) and then they run into the room and look for me. The best part is "spying" on them while they look. They talk to each other and hold hands to try and find me.
Earlier this week, they actually got so distracted playing together that they forgot to even find me. I hid in Dave's closet, watching them have so much fun all by themselves in our room.
Here's a little pic of our "oh so cool" kids right before we played the game...they look so ridiculous and adorable :)
What a great idea. And what a fun family! So cute those three...
ReplyDelete