The first big storm of the season hit today...hard. I still cannot believe we got 3 inches of rain in 1 day. My alarm went off at 6:15am to run, but I quickly turned it off because it was so windy and pouring buckets outside. The last thing I need before the marathon (which is sunday) is to: a) get sick or b) slip on wet concrete and hurt myself. So it was all indoor fun today for the Goffeney fam.
The kids did a lot better than I thought they would. We had a fun morning reading all of our favorite books: Go, Train, Go; Thomas and the school trip; Biscuit; ABC's.
The highlight of my day, however, was our after-nap treat. I thought what we needed was a good blanket tunnel. The kids are really into tunnels...and coop especially loved it. What's the perfect complement to a tunnel? Balloons!! Being an AZ gal, I have learned to appreciate the different seasons. And, shhh...don't tell anyone: I actually enjoy the rain :) Especially when we get to make tunnels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha! Love it.
ReplyDeleteThose balloons are gigantic! How fun! Your kids are so blessed, Kyra!
ReplyDeleteyou're a great mom!
ReplyDelete