Sunday, September 13, 2009

Firetrucks Saved the Day






We were having one of those days where nothing was satisfying the kids. The weather was unexpectedly cold and rainy so our outdoor playtime was thwarted. I was at a loss of what to do...even Minnesota Cuke and the veggie friends weren't helping!

So I piled the kids in the car to run a quick errand downtown. When we hit Main st. I saw that it was completely blocked off for some event. As I drove around the block, we stumbled upon our little bundle of joy. It was the grand opening of the Woodland Firetruck Museum!!! They had 4 or 5 old firetrucks outside that the kids were able to climb into and drive. We were a big hit...rolling up in our choo choo wagon. The volunteers were even taking pictures of us :) ha!

We had a great time and the kids moods were lifted. I was so suddenly aware of God's providence in our lives...yet again. I am still amazed at how much He loves us to ordain even the littlest things like grand openings to brighten our day and give Him glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment