Monday, September 21, 2009

21 done.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but on October 18th I'm running a marathon!! This whole crazy idea was started by one of my friends who pressured me into saying yes (just kidding). In January, I couldn't even run 1 minute straight. Fast forward to Saturday and I finished 21 miles!! The run was not the most graceful:
  • Mile 4: I took an ugly spill that, if caught on film, would've been replayed millions of times on youtube for it's hilarity! Scraped up my knee pretty bad.
  • Mile 16: realized that the Gatorade bottle I had left (3/4 full) on my way out was stolen. Who does that kind of thing?
  • Mile 17.5: I had to stop in a "jack in the box" to get water. They pitied me and handed me 2 cups..ha!
However, along the way, my amazing husband and sweet kids surprised me and cheered me on:
  • Mile 15: Drove by and honked and waved. Stopped to give me water...which was an added treat since the aforementioned gatorade was missing.
  • Mile 18: Dave, pushing the runabout stroller with the triplets, met me and ran the last 3 with me.
I cannot wait to run this thing. I'm sure I'll be sore. Tired. crying. Happy. Overwhelmed. Thankful. Done!!

4 comments:

  1. This is very exciting! You are a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! you are hard core and your husband is the best. we love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing. I am doing a half marathon in January and cannot even fathom going any farther. You rock Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Dave surprised you! And I have to admit I wish I could have seen the fall:)
    Can't wait to do it!

    ReplyDelete