Friday, March 27, 2009

6 and counting

Some of you may know that Dave is gone. He left for South Africa with 2 other people to go make some preparations for our mission trip in 2010. He left at 1am on Wednesday and will return Friday, April 3rd! YIKES. This is one long trip away. Please pray for me as I'm with the kids by myself. Seriously, I have mad respect for military wives whose husbands leave for tours of duty for months at a time. How do you do it??

Anyway, we've been busy around here. With 2 days down, here are some quick high and low lights:
  • Sending the kids to a friends house and returning to find them bathed, dressed for bed and saying "No" when I asked if they were ready to go home :) that's a high
  • Watching Ellie grab her baby doll's hands and put them together when I said it was time to pray.
  • Seeing Paisley try to be an airplane during our songtime.
  • Looking up just in time to see Cooper taking a black crayon and vigorously coloring... our couch. Thank goodness for washables.
  • Noticing movement outside after dinner and spying on a rat that was no doubt finding some left over snack in our back patio (eww!)
  • Being able to skype with Dave!! need I say, the biggest highlight of all!
What will come in the next 6 days?! I can only imagine :)

1 comment:

  1. Kyra,
    I imagine it is very hard with the three by yourself. As you probably know, my Dave is gone for three to four days every other week (and sometimes more) and was gone for two weeks this January. Just with my one kid I got exhausted sometimes.
    I loved the list of highs and lows. Especially the couch story, as I have similar one. One time while Dave was gone and Liam was probably about the age of your kiddos, I was on the computer and he was standing with me. At some point he started to rub a capped pen on my leg and robe. I let him do it because it was keeping him busy right next to me while I worked.
    At some point I looked down....and I don't know when he had taken the cap off, but he had! My leg and robe were totally scribbled on! It never has completely come off the robe and it was on my leg in various degrees of fading for a few days!
    Praying for you and Dave as you're apart. We'll miss you tomorrow, but we'll try again another time!

    ReplyDelete