
Last Christmas, Dave got me the best gift ever. A night on the town in San Francisco to go see the musical, "Wicked". He even arranged childcare in December for our special night together. Well, it has come and gone and let me tell you...it was fantastic!
For those of you who don't know, I am an avid fan of the Wizard of Oz. My whole room growing up was decked out in memorabilia from the movie. I don't know why or when this happened (mom and dad can probably answer this better) but I just do. It taps in to a whole world that I love full of lollipop guilds and a dancing scarecrow! Anyway, when the musical Wicked opened (the story of the Wicked Witch of the West) I was stoked. We've been listening to the soundtrack for a few years and finally it came close enough to where we live to go see it.
We left the trio in good odds: 4 babysitters to 3 kiddos (wish I had that ratio more!) We parked our car in Berkeley then took the BART (underground train) into the city.
Our hotel was the Parc 55 and it was amazing. Ironically, we were upgraded to a nice large room...thanks to the dog in the previous one that pooped on our floor without the maid cleaning it up (gross).The show was absolutely the highlight! It was hilarious, too, and cleverly written. We had such a good time and it was a much needed break. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
Job well done, husband of mine! Thanks for a lovely, romantic trip!
So fun! I wanted to see Wicked, but never got a chance to. Your Dave is such a great hubby!
ReplyDeleteDave...You Rock! That is so awesome, Kyra. It makes me smile thinking of you guys out on the town...I hope you got lucky! :)
ReplyDeleteI have seen Wikced like four times. Once in New York and once in London. LOVE IT!!! What a nice night. Go Dave!
ReplyDeleteYay for you guys! What a fun trip! I've never seen wicked but would love to. The wizard of Oz always kind of scared me.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you guys got to do this. I didn't realize Dave had planned the whole thing! Triple points for him and 7 gold stars!
ReplyDeleteLOL..:) LOVIN tHAT PICTURE:)
ReplyDelete