Friday, November 9, 2012

5 on Friday



I am finally hooking up with one of my closest friends, Aubrey, for her 5 on Friday posts.  This is a chance for me to share with you some of my favorite things from this past week. Or things I've been doing. Or thinking. So, without further delay...here we go:

1. I saw this link on pinterest for making your own chocolate syrup and am never buying Hershey's again. My friend, Jenn, had told me about it but I'd forgotten all about it until a few days ago.  Hello, world.  It is delicious.  You really need to make it. Like right now. And it's so easy and free of all those crazy additives! YUM. 

2. My kids have really been making me laugh lately.  Zoe has started making this insane kissy face.  How can you not laugh at this?!

3.  Starting in January, Dave &  I will be leading a missional community group through our church. In order to lead, we are given some reading material and will go through an assessment process (which I'm excited about).  One of the books I am reading is so good. It's called You can Change by Tim Chester. The first few chapters are slow, but now that I'm in it--it's really good.  I've loved reading and thinking about how much the Lord wants to do in my heart as I submit to Him.  He is the ultimate source of all joy. 

4. We started a Thankful Tree this year for the month of November. We walked around our neighborhood, picked up some branches and decorated for Fall. The kids have gotten quite into it--and I'm praying it helps usher in the season of Thanksgiving---instead of rushing past it to get to Christmas.

5. I've been trying to keep on track of meal planning & budgeting. So far, it's been good. I had one lapse and didn't do so well the other week; but, most weeks have been great. It helps Dave & I figure out our schedule and it's been fun to experiment with fun recipes! 

Okay, that's it, people! What are YOUR favorite things? Enjoy your Friday!


4 comments:

  1. This is really fun Kyra! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting my homemade chocolate syrup recipe! I was thrilled to find you, and love your blog! Thanks again!
    Jan from Tipgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found me! That recipe has quickly become a favorite :) Thanks for sharing it.

      Delete
  3. Zoe's face is awesome! Love keeping up with you and your family, Kyra!

    And I'm pinning that homemade syrup recipe :)

    ReplyDelete