Friday, April 6, 2012

You are More.

Photo credit
Ever had a moment when fear and anxiety wash over you like crashing waves? I'm not normally an anxious person.  But last week I was hit with this sudden burden. The responsibility that all parents face once their child reaches school-age.  The dreaded school decision.  Combine this weighty decision with a sleep-deprived mama of 4 and you get a train wreck.

I live in a community that is highly competitive. Parents start talking about schooling the day after a child is born (okay, maybe not that soon--but it seems fast).  For the past 3 1/2 years, I've been able to turn a deaf ear to those chats. But this time, I listened. I do have kids who are able to go to kindergarten in the Fall and I have no idea what we will do.  Originally, we had planned on waiting a year: red-shirting I guess it's called.  But now, I'm just not sure.

So there I was, driving home from MOPS, a million thoughts swirling around in my head.  The pressure of choosing the one right choice building in my stomach with each mile.  I turned on K-LOVE (which I normally don't have on....my kids usually win the music battles) and I heard Tenth Ave North sing these words:
You are More than the choices that you've made
you are more than the sum of your past mistakes....

I can't describe to you the impact these words had in that exact moment.  I was flooded with a peace that can only come from the Prince of Peace Himself.   I am more than this choice.  This choice is important, but it will pass.  There will be more choices. There will be mistakes.  But I am more than these.  I am loved by my Creator.  I am a child of the King.  More than that...it's about Him. What He did to make me new.  I've been remade.

What a beautiful promise to remember.  Decisions to make are inevitable and cannot be avoided.  But I can rest assured that these choices are not what life's about.  It's about Who I am living for.




1 comment:

  1. Man, such great wisdom and encouragement from the Lord Kyra. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete