Monday, April 2, 2012

Praying for the world

I thought I'd pass along some pure gold.  It's completely stolen gold, but pure nonetheless :)  There is a blogger I follow regularly, Lindsay at Passionate Homemaking who has fabulous resources on just about everything you can think of: recipes, cleaning, kids & motherhood.

One of her recent posts was about how she and her family are committed to praying for the world.  So they made a prayer pail.  I couldn't resist copying this idea! I LOVE it.

For about $2, we made ours. I got the pail at Michaels and the sticks at Target. I already had the alphabet stickers at home + the sharpie :)

Our 4-year-olds love it almost more than I do.  I asked them who they wanted to pray for. On our list are:

  • family members
  • neighbors
  • friends
  • missionaries we support
  • President Obama
  • countries we've learned about 
  • cities we have a heart for
Every night at dinner, we each pick a stick and pray for that person/place.  I love hearing little people pray that people in other countries will hear about Jesus and not pray to statues.  
Seriously, if you want to increase your prayer with your family---you should totally do this! 
Thanks, Lindsay, for a great idea!

1 comment:

  1. That is SO sweet! I love how your kids understand how much we all need Jesus... and they even understand the reality of idols (statues). Thanks for sharing this with us, Kyra!

    ReplyDelete