I've been thinking a lot about my current stage of life: in my 30's, 3 kids, baby coming in February, full-time ministry family, wife, mom, friend, etc. There are so many expectations that I can so easily create for myself apart from the Lord. So many things that I want my life to look like---even good things---that I suddenly want to hold on to really tightly so they don't get taken away. 2012 proves to offer us some new challenges and change. How I respond will drastically affect my family and their attitudes. So I decided to ask this question:
what do I want to model to my family and friends during this season?
Surrender... to yield (something) to the possession or power of another;deliver up possession of on demand or under duress. My life is not my own. It belongs to the One who made me. His will far exceeds my own and I gladly submit myself to Him. It's not easy. I'm not good at it. But I'm willing. And, by His grace alone, I'll get better at it.
Trust... a person on whom or thing on which one relies. What do I place my trust in? What gives me hope? Is it my friends? my money? my kids? my husband? Or the One who knows me better than anyone else. Am I fully relying on Jesus in the big things AND the little ones? I want to live a life that reflects complete trust in Him and a peace that results from doing so.
They kinda go hand-in-hand, right? I have to trust in order to surrender. And I have to surrender because He is trustworthy to give my life (desires, dreams, plans) to.
I am excited to learn more about these actions and pray for strength to endure the time it takes to learn them :)
Kyra. This is super convicting. I have been thinking about both of these words lately and how I have a hard time with both. Then I decide to catch up on your blog...not an accident. :) Thanks for the encouragement and reminder. I'm thinking I'm gonna make these my focus for the year. Gonna go tell me team. :) LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!
ReplyDelete