Friday, November 11, 2011

Mothers: how powerful are we?

Maybe you've noticed, maybe you haven't :) I took a little break from talking about womanhood.  Not really for any specific reason.  Although my ever-increasing belly & the wonderful little baby inside is quickly depleting my energy!

President Roosevelt and his family
However, I'll post a quick note here for today...even though it's Friday and not Wednesday.  This quote is from Theodore Roosevelt.

The good mother, the wise mother...is more important to the community than even the ablest man; her career is more worthy of honor and is more useful to community than the career of any man, no matter how successful. 
Pretty powerful statement from one the former men who held the most powerful position in our country. Motherhood is not to be underestimated.


What's your response to this? 
How powerful & influential is the role of a mother?

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading a great book right now about the life and leadership style of eke or Roosevelt. She was amazing! And I was missing your posts on womanhood. :)

    ReplyDelete