Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Wreath!

On Saturday, my good friend Julie & I decided to make a Fall wreath for our front doors.  Even though the weather has turned a bit warmer here in Northern California, I am ready for the Fall. So I will decorate and make pumpkin-flavored things and light my apple-scented candle....and bring the season into my house.

Our inspiration was found  here and we basically just picked out fabrics that had seasonal colors. And thanks to Joann's To Go texts, I had 20% off my entire purchase.

We followed directions exactly like the blog above mentioned, cutting our fabrics...using 8 inch long strips that were 1 1/2 in. wide.

Then we just tied and squished. And tied and squished.  I also added a splash of red with a fabric quarter piece.  It was easy--- I mean, I am not generally a crafter. :) But I like the way it turned out.  Now, I just have to find something to hang in the middle...but I'll do that later.

Here's the final product:

Ahhh....SO ready for the Fall.  

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Julie was telling me about these. Glad they turned out so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It looks SO cute! What a fun craft!

    ReplyDelete