Thursday, February 24, 2011

Castle of Love.

Last weekend was so special. We were given a trip to Napa for a tasting and tour at the Castello di Amorosa. For any Bachelor fans out there, this is where Jake and the girls went and Vienna was all psycho.  I mean...I heard that's what happened :) Not gonna lie, I was stoked to see it!

The place is beautiful.  It's nestled on the slope of a hill in Calistoga.  This guy spent 10 years building what he thought would be a villa...it turned into a 120,000+ sq. foot castle!! He wanted it to replicate true castles so he included things like a torture chamber, prison cells and big dining halls.  It was massive.

Dave and I had a great time "storming the castle" (princess bride, anyone?!).  It was incredible to spend the whole day together!  We had great people offer to watch the kiddos for us.

Afterwards, we saw "The King's Speech".  All I can say about that is WOW.  You must see this movie.  It's about King George VI...who had a stutter...just like Dave's, but way worse.  Needless to say, both of us were deeply touched by this movie or many reasons.  That might be another post someday.  :) But, it was a great way to end our date day together!!


I love my husband.  The end. 

1 comment:

  1. what a fun day! how special. and how cute do you look?!?

    ReplyDelete