Well, in all honesty, I'm going to refer you to our family website: www.goffeneys.com for some videos about our trip. And, I'll post the link to our Flicker account once I upload all of our pictures. For now, let me just say that probably for the next year I will be sprinkling my blog with stories from South Africa. It has now become a part of our family forever, so that's just how it will be. Even today, Ellie asked me if we could go visit her friend and hang out in Africa. We miss it. We will never forget what the Lord is doing there and are so blessed to have been a part of it for a short season.
| South Africa Summer Project 2010 |
- Upon our plane landing in Johannesburg, Pais screams out "That's an Africa!!"
- Ellie crying because she didn't get her bday cake RIGHT off of the plane.
- Visiting the apartheid museum. Moved to tears. Kids keep asking why people were bleeding.
- Meeting so many people who hungered for Truth.
- Going to a safari and seeing lions, giraffes...and a rhino charged our land rover! I'm totally serious.
- Driving on the opposite side of the road. Kids calling me a crazy driver.
- Cooper loving rugby and playing with Dave & students.
- Hearing my kids try to say "Xhosa" with a clicking sound.
- Living with 4 wonderful gals on our team and having our place be the hang-out spot.
- NO meltdowns (not even by me) at all on our 35 hour trip home.
No comments:
Post a Comment