Thursday, April 15, 2010

What am I doing?

3 loads of laundry per day. Lots of dancing. Chocolate. No shower in 2 days.  Spraying Lysol everywhere.  At home...all day...all week.

What am I doing?

Potty training.  


Sounds so elegant. I'm going to train my little ones to become adults. But no one prepares you for the endless amounts of accidents you'll be cleaning up. Or, for the interrupted nights of sleep because someone wets the bed or is knocking vigorously on the door because they need to use the potty.

In spite of all of the trials and messes, I think...dare I even say it?...I think we are making progress. In four days, 2 out of the 3 like going in the potty and even tell us when they have to go.  "Undies" have become our favorite item of clothing.  We've even tried an overnight-er with no diapers and it worked!

This is all good. Great, actually. But I have just one problem: when can we ever leave the house again??

4 comments:

  1. SERIOUSLY! oh, someone told me to put a little potty in the minivan...sounds like a GREAT idea to me...even if it is a little gross. I mean, GROSS is really the least of your concerns right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know how you are doing it. it sounds like you are doing amazing though. 2 out of the 3 are getting it! awesome! and i felt like i was never leaving the house. ( do you have an adapter seat for public bathrooms?) and now i find myself wondering "does that store have a potty", "that park only has port a potties- can't go there". but once they are set for venturing out there is the fascination with public bathrooms phase. i swear everywhere we go abbey has to use the bathroom multiply times. she loves the loud flushing noise and the bubbles and testing her mamas patience as the grocery shopping experience became twice as long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome Kyra!!! What a feat of potty training three at once! You are my hero! Need some tips as you progress. I'm certainly nervous about not ever leaving the house, or washing everything I own, but am looking forward to the day when Kate will be free of diapers! We're working on it! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Sounds like a lot of work. I guess I never thought about the potty training nightmares. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete