My dear cousin, Kether, pointed me in the direction of this book and I absolutely loved it. It is about the islands of guernsey after world war II and this fun little author stumbles upon an eccentric group of individuals. The book is written in letters sent back and forth between the characters---such a great and fun way to develop the plot. The characters in the novel explain how they survived the German occupation through some fairly creative means.
I won't leak any info...but I was mildly disappointed in some things right at the end of the novel. Maybe I got too invested. :) But hey, nothing's perfect, right?! Overall, a great read with some wonderful writing. Go check it out!
So glad you liked it! I loved it, too. I was a bit disappointed, too... but mostly I was disappointed that there wasn't a sequal.
ReplyDeletePS our next IUI is Monday. We're praying like crazy!