Saturday, September 26, 2009

Always a bookworm.


I used to be a crafty person. Sort of. I used to scrapbook. And make homemade Christmas gifts. But then...the triplets came. And I lost all sense of creativity and energy to make things on my own. After two years, there are hints of this returning...but only time will tell.

I still, however, am an avid reader. I simply cannot give this up. Nothing speaks relaxation more to me than curling up with a good book in my hands and a yummy beverage to sip on (hot cocoa in the winter; iced coffee in the summer). I also love to read more than one book at a time...usually 2 separate genres. That way, there's always something to read depending on the mood I'm in.

Here's what I've enjoyed reading lately:
  • Radical Womanhood by Carolyn McCulley
  • How I know God answers Prayer by Rosalind Goforth
  • The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer
  • Whiter than Snow by Paul Tripp
  • Death by Love by Mark Driscoll
  • Ruth (a fiction novel, but I can't remember the author)
I love good book recommendations...both fiction and nonfiction. What are you reading? I'd love to hear!

3 comments:

  1. That's how I know you're family =)

    I'm reading a series where Beatrix Potter is one of the main characters. They're mysteries, sort of, and the animals of the village all have roles in the stories as well. I started reading them at the time of my last IUI, and I've read all six since.
    They're by Susan Wittig Albert.
    I also recently read the Guernsey Literary and Sweet Potato Pie Society. That is now one of my all-time favorite books.
    I usually have five or six books going at once and havea huge stack by the bed and by the bathtub... my books take a beating! LOL

    Love to you!

    Kether

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Remember to Forget by Deborah Raney for our book club at church. We just read The Immortal by Angela Hunt and Gaudy Night by Dorothy Sayers. I really want to read this book by Kevin Leeman about being a first time mom and I want to reread the Harry Potter Series...but I don't have time. I didn't know you were a reader! I would love it if you would post up more about what you are reading periodically. I like to hear about good books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I went to the library today and I looked for two of these books you mentioned and they were both checked out already (boo!). That means you both have great taste!

    ReplyDelete