Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dreamed a Dream


I love music. I love Les Miserables. So when I heard about "Britain's Got Talent" and Susan Boyle singing I Dreamed a Dream, I realized I should check it out. WOW. What an amazing voice! She totally shocked the judges with her voice. I loved watching their faces and the crowd's spontaneous applause throughout her whole performance! Now, why am I blogging about this? Because something always stirs inside of me when I hear musical performances like that. I'm such a softy when it comes to everyday people having their dreams come true. I was all teary-eyed watching the clip on youtube; clearly, something deeper is going on here.
So, I got to thinking about my dreams. A lot of them have come true: husband, kids, etc. But there are still many dreams I have. Dreams that include doing things I love or that seem super fun....and there's always that dream that seems just a little out of grasp. Like performing on Broadway or backpacking across the world. In some ways, these just point to passions I have in life that in some way or another, get expressed through different, more reasonable, means. So I thought it'd be fun to hear from some of you: what dream do you dream?

5 comments:

  1. I always dreamed of being a Rockette in New York City. I get to dance professionally, I'm just not a Rockette. As far as more recent dreams? I'll have to think about that and get back to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always dreamed I would be the first female president of the United States. I was serious too. Even in college, I still secretly felt like this was something that I could do. Might still... But I mostly dream that I can raise a very happy and healthy family. That we can do fun things together, love each other, and make life long memories. Lately, that is all I can think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! These are great dreams. I can totally see each of you doing these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a party planner in a high society big deal sorta way. Of course I would just be the same old me, I would just get to spend all these people's money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always dreamed of being a photographer for national geographic and being able to travel around the world taking photographs

    ReplyDelete