
We had a great weekend with some good friends at our staff conference. I put the kids in childcare twice every day and they did great. It was a good experience for them and they enjoyed playing with all of their new friends.
We're now back to grind of campus life with the Spring quarter going full speed ahead. I can't believe that it's almost summer! After our trip, I noticed that the kids are gaining quickly in their verbal skills. Paisly loves to say "bye, bye slide" or "bye bye dada". Cooper fooled us all into thinking he didn't know very many words. With a little strict enforcement of "no whining...use your words" he has showed us how many things he can say. "up, please" "open, closed", etc. But he LOVES to climb. I mean everything and everywhere. He even scaled the rock wall at our local playground. And he loves to wrestle. Seriously, can he be any more like his daddy?? :)
Ellie is by far putting words together the most. Just the other day, I smelled a poopy diaper. I said, Paisley, you stink! and Ellie copied me exactly and said, "you stink, Pais". It was adorable...and also a good reminder about how quickly they catch on.
As different as they are, they are growing in their fondness of each other. Lots of hugs and kisses and sheer excitement when they see each other. They are small, but they are mighty!
That is SUCH a sweet picture of them at the piano. I loved getting to witness a glimpse of their vocabulary Sunday morning. Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWhat an incredible blessing! The Lord is GOOD! I love hearing about them and their progress...it makes me cry tears of joy and it reminds me to enjoy my own little angel even more and feel rested in the reality that she is the Lord's baby. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete