Friday, June 1, 2012
Love is. And is not.
So I'm doing a Bible study called Focused15 and Love like Him this summer. It's through a group called hellomornings and you can read all about it here. As I'm mapping out 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 today, I thought I'd share it with you and some thoughts I had along the way...
Love is: patient
kind
rejoicing in truth
bears ALL things
believes ALL things
hopes ALL
endures ALL
Love is not: envious
boastful
arrogant
rude
insistent on its own way
irritable
resentful
rejoicing in wrongdoing
Pretty daunting list, isn't it? I am so thankful that God gives us the gift of of His Spirit to help me learn what love truly is. And ultimately, the best picture of love is by Jesus' example to us. So while it's easy for me to get overwhelmed by this list and see all the ways I'm NOT loving people, I'm gonna choose to be thankful for the way that HE loves me. How He is patient with me. Kind. Rejoicing in the truth I learn. He is not irritable. Doesn't rejoice when I mess up. Thank you, God, for loving in a way that is humanly impossible. And teach me to love more like you to other people day by day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So thankful we have a perfect Savior who is Love for us!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this!
Amen!
DeleteSO GREAT! I was actually looking for a study like this...I'm going to check it out.
ReplyDelete"So while it's easy for me to get overwhelmed by this list and see all the ways I'm NOT loving people, I'm gonna choose to be thankful for the way that HE loves me."
ReplyDeleteI totally needed this reminder. Thanks Kyra. :)
I needed it, too. :) SO excited to see you very soon!
Deletehi Kyra! Aubrey lets me know how you are doing.. been rejoicing for your little one! i'm doing hello mornings too. are you doing both studies? i started with focused 15.. i am having a hard time with it.. not feeling like i'm really "getting it". but love what you said about being thankful for how He loves us!we can learn so much from that!!
ReplyDeleteHey Amie! So glad you found me on here :) Thanks for praying with us about her. I didn't know you were doing hello mornings. Yes, I did focused 15. Took me the first week to figure things out, but liked it after. I think now that we join the other study, it'll feel more natural??
Delete