Saturday, October 30, 2010

Nature vs. Nurture


I spend a lot of time in the bathroom. With 3 toddlers in the house and a grip of fiber...I wouldn't expect anything else.  

Here's a fun little observation that I've made lately.

My son makes potty time a pretty big event. He usually saves his best talks for those porcelain chats.  Usually they have to do with his latest escapade as a fighting pirate.  Or the days events.  But he always asks for more time and takes forever to finish. 

My daughter couldn't be more different.  When she has to go, she tells me, runs into the bathroom, does her thing and is finished. The whole process lasts for...maybe 2 minutes. 

Why has my son already discovered his second office in our house?

Oh, boy/girl differences. This is only the beginning...

6 comments:

  1. So true!!! Why do boys take so long doing their business in the bathroom?? It takes me no time at all and, usually, I am nursing a baby and talking to a toddler WHILE I'm doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO funny! Someday in the future Coop will take his laptop in there with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhahahhah.... oh I miss the kids! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is true.
    And Liam sings while he's in there.
    A stop for a poop can derail a whole day's plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one difference i noticed along with yours is that Mase has to completely, i mean even his socks, undress? what is this? the girls...i barely get there pants down past their knees! hmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kyra! I love your blog! So cute reading about the trips. Keep up the great work (writing AND parenting)!

    ReplyDelete