It's not too often that you find someone who just gets you. That's how I feel about my dear friend, Aubrey. (click her name to read her fabulous blog) She is moving today to Indiana. It hasn't sunk in yet that she won't be in California anymore. No longer a quick drive 2 hours away. No more random play dates with 6 kids...5 of them being the same age.
I first met her 8 years ago at New staff training for Crusade. She and her husband had been married for 8 months and I considered her the expert compared to my 4 weeks of marriage. Since then, God has knit our stories together...through laughter, tears, hardships, craziness and children.
When we found out about our triplets, we joked how awesome it would be if they had twins! We laughed thinking about what a site we'd make at any park...especially with a double & triple stroller. Well..the joke was on us! A few months after we announced our pregnancy---they got pregnant with twin girls!
I wanted to say how much I appreciate you, Aubrey, and how much you mean to me.
Thank you for showing me what it looks like to be real, vulnerable, fun & a super cool mom. You have seen me at my ugliest & best and still love me with truth and grace.
I'll miss you!
.......and I'm booking a flight right now for Indy to visit :)
Stick a needle in my eye! You break my heart. I miss you already. Oh, thanks for this post. It mean a lot to me. I love you...now when are you coming to visit?
ReplyDelete