Here are a couple pics from the weekend:


We weren't prepared for the HUGE snow storm that occurred. And on our last day, the director of the camp urged us to "hightail it out" of there so that we didn't get snowed in. Of course, only one car had brought chains along so I was a little nervous about driving in the ice and snow without chains. Okay...I was really nervous. As we drove slowly along, we realized it was only about 4 miles that were terrible. Then, we were far enough downhill that we just hit rain.
This really made me think about my walk with the Lord. I get really nervous and anxious and don't want to trust Him for things in my life that look super scary. But, He is protecting me. He is guiding me. He knows what we need to reach safety. As soon as we take those steps of faith, He reassures us that it's not as bad as we thought---because we are with Him. It may be only really bad for 4 "miles" or 20...but that's not the issue. The issue is, will I trust that His way home is the best??
It is so true Trusting Him is what it is all about and we must humble ourselves everyday to put our Faith in action. I'm glad you had a great time. The Kids are so cute in the wagon and I see Eli is in front and as the Oldest, that is where she wants to be.
ReplyDeleteMom is going to be jealous that I wrote twice in the same nite. She'll be on soon.
Dad
I'm glad you guys are all home safe, and that you had a sweet time at the retreat!
ReplyDeleteYour kids look so cute all bundled up!!