Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Incommunicable attributes

I've had a hard week. There was the flu...that was pretty bad. But we also had a sudden death in the family. My cousin, Nick, was killed in a motorcycle crash on Sunday evening in Arizona. These are the moments when I don't know what I would do without my faith in the Lord. I have been clinging pretty tightly and holding on to His power and strength. I'm reading a book called Humility by CJ Mahaney (awesome!) and I read about how important it is to study the incommunicable attributes of God. He listed some and I was so pumped to refresh my mind on these great truths. These are attributes that God does not share with anyone else. They are only His. For instance, His omnipresence and omniscience. How comforting to know that He can be fully Himself in every place at the same time AND can know all things outside of time. Wow. I am so thankful to have a relationship like this one.

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him." Psalm 18:30

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday I was walking in the Lenten Labyrinth at our church and praying... and thinking about you all and the week that you've had and I had an image of you at Popop's viewing. You had your arm around Nana and you said "God knew" He knew long before he made us. I can't tell you how many times that moment has popped into my mind over these last five years,especially the trying times. It is such a comforting thought to know that He knew, and he plans to carry us through.
    We're sending you all of our love.

    ReplyDelete